Today we went to the temple...yes the Mormon temple, and spent two hours walking around Temple Square in downtown SLC. It was very informational and gave us a lot to think/talk/research about. One interesting thing that did not happen is we were NOT approached by any one of the hundreds of Mormon missionaries around the Square. It seemed like all other visitors were talking to a member of the church but not one came up to us. We saw this as kind of a blessing because we really were only there to look around. We saw a lot, read a lot, heard a lot, and learned a lot.
We also traveled to the not so great Salt Lake. We went because of the clues God gave us: boat and anchor. The lake itself wasn't really impressive, but this next story makes us think we went for a reason:
Yesterday, the name "Carol" came to my (Kiersten's) mind, so I wrote it down as a clue. I didn't really think much of it until I had a dream last night. In the dream we were at a Sam's Club or something similar and saw a woman. We approached her in isle 8, and we asked her if she needed prayer. She declined, but we pressed through and from what I can remember somebody asked her what was going on with her knees. She was surprised, but basically let us pray for her injured knees and then her lungs. I then (in the dream) asked her name and she said "Carol". Then she told me her last name as well, all of which were on our clue list in the dream. So back to reality, this morning I woke up and told Brooke and Dani the dream. Then we went to the lake and as we were walking, Dani was like, "O MY GOSH". Not 5 feet from us the name "Carol" was carved in the sand. It was unreal!!! So... we are definitely on the look out for Carol :) Pretty cool. God does confirm!
- Helped jump start a lady's car this morning.
- Talked with a man in Big Lots that had anchors and boats all over his shirt.
- Approached a husband and wife in Wal-Mart...both of them were wearing clues but they declined prayer.
- Also, told a twenty-something lady in Wal-Mart that she is God's treasure.
- Prayed for overall well-being for Ann, a Wal-Mart employee. She was fishing out goldfish (clue) from the tanks with a fish net (clue) and was using a ladder (clue).
- Prayed for health for Heather and her family in the Wal-Mart parking lot.
- MORE TO COME (we are about to go to Wal-Mart again. :) )
All of these encounters happened in Ogden, Utah. You could feel the depression just being in the town. It was really run down and dark. Even the weather was dreary. You could see the dark cloud over the city...literally. As we were walking by people they just looked really depressed. Being in the town was even affecting our moods. Once we realized this we decided to do something about it! We went after God's treasures and put the joy back in our joyride. :) We also prayed over this city. We encourage all of you to pray for the whole state of Utah. We feel like it needs it.
- There was a hairball in Kiersten's bed. She realized this in the morning while we were leaving. haha.
- Gas is cheaper than it was in the desert.
We love Lafayette :)