Saturday, May 29, 2010

Carmel

One night left in Lafayette, friends. Then it's almost 5 weeks across America!
And as mentioned, we have our first destination... Carmel, IN.

So here's how it has come to be:
Two Wednesdays ago, me, Brooke, and Dani were praying for different things for our trip. We were also going treasure-hunting for people God wanted to pray for that night in Lafayette. When we finished praying, Brooke says, "I think we are supposed to go to Carmel first..."
We all decided to pray for major confirmation about this. THAT NIGHT we went to Moe's, and Brooke saw a lady she knew from church. This lady was talking to her about the trip and mentioned that her mother-in-law lives in Carmel. yeaaaaaaah.

We went to a conference that next weekend called JesusCulture, where Dani got the name Mary as we were doing outreach. (Just keep this random fact in mind).

The next week (well, this last week) we began fasting for our trip, praying for confirmation about direction, safety, etc. Monday, I went over to my friends apartment to hang out, and we watched the show Glee. Haha... yes that is a random fact, but on the show (that I have never watched before) the high school is called Carmel High School. Once Glee was over, the real news came on where they were talking about Carmel school district and bus problems... so we are banking 3 mentions of Carmel thus far.

The next day, I was walking and talking to God. I said, "God, if we are supposed to go to Carmel, I need something big." FIVE MINUTES after I told God this, Dani text me and said she was just talking to her roommate on the phone about this summer, and the roommate said she should come to Carmel. :D

Last and final thing... Brooke and I got back to our house Thursday night and told our roommate Amy that we were praying about going to Carmel first. Amy said, "are you going there because Dave's mom lives there?" (Dave and Tina is who we are renting the house we live in from. Currently, his mom, MARY, has been battling some health problems with her heart, needing possible open-heart surgery. We have specifically been praying for her in our college group.) We text Tina asking if Mary really did live in Carmel because the address Tina gave to us a month ago said she did. Tina had accidentally written the wrong city down... Mary lives in Zionsville.
So let's bank 5 mentions of Carmel now...
And, uh... MARY is a "clue" Dani got last weekend :)

Thus Carmel is the first stop...
O and on the way we might be visiting Mary in Zionsville :)
That's enough for me. Thanks, God.



One last quick thing! I know I said it, but again, WE HAVE A VAN!
It's a story in itself which Brooke will share eventually.

Thank you and goodnight.
Kier(woooohooooooo!)sten

1 comment: