Sunday, May 30, 2010

Abravan


Alright, so here's the scoop on the van:

All this time we have been praying and fasting for a reliable, FREE van. So we've been watching and waiting for it because we knew God would provide. We had one opportunity to buy a van but it was old and not in very good shape (not to mention it wasn't free). Someone offered to let us use their RV buuuut we really didn't think that was what God had for us. We prayed for a van and we were waiting for a van basically.

Then, two weeks ago a lady from church said she was willing to let us use her minivan but her husband was still a little hesitant and all of us needed confirmation as to whether or not this was the one. Two days later that family had to take their minivan in to the shop for over a thousand dollars worth of repairs and that shot down that opportunity.

So we were back to praying and trusting that God would provide for us when my dad asked if we wanted to use my family's fifteen passenger van. Well, all along I had dismissed that as an option because I knew my family needed it on a daily basis. Here's the kicker: a few months ago my grandparents gave my parents a FREE CAR enabling my parents to loan us the van for the month!

Crazy, right?! All along the van we were praying and fasting for was sitting in my driveway! I heard someone put it this way at a Jesus Culture conference last weekend:

"The supply is there before the need ever hits you."

God saw this trip and started providing for it long before the dream had ever entered our minds.

All glory, honor, and praise be to Him!
brooke

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited for all of you. It is so encouraging to see young people like the three of you, not letting the world tell you what you couldn't do, but listening to your Father's voice and following His guidance. So many times as adults we tend to let doubt and fear creep in and render us ineffective for the kingdom. May God guide you and keep you as you embark on this journey. I don't know if the rest of the body feels this way, but seeing you head out reminds me of the early church sending out the apostles. Our prayers are with you. Remember that no matter what the enemy throws your way, that if you seek first God's Kingdom and His righteousness, all things will be given unto you. I look forward to hearing of all the wonderful things that the Father does through you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sooooo excited for what you girls are doing and going to be doing.... may lives be changed (I am sure you will never be the same) and miracles proliferate!! May God go before you and prepare the way...I look forward to checking in on you daily to see what's happening. I love you girls!! See you in a month.

    ReplyDelete