Sunday, May 30, 2010

DAY 1

So, this is how our first day went.

Encounters (details are clues we have written down):

  • Mary, Zionsville, IN: Knew she had health problems and went her house.
  • Donna, Carmel, IN: Found her in the tuna aisle wearing a light blue collared shirt and prayed for her sister Janice who had lung cancer.
  • Paul and Clair, Bloomington, IL: Found them in aisle 2 of Kroger with bananas in their cart in McLean Co.
  • Natasha and baby Lilly, Rest stop off of I-74 in Illinois: nose piercing. Here's the thing about Natasha I (Dani) saw her when we went into the rest stop. I saw that she had a nose ring and just passed her by. In the bathroom I told God that if I was supposed to pray for her then put me in contact with her again. I walked outside and there she was. I got to pray for a blessing over their lives. :) It was wonderful.
Blessings:
  • We prayed that we would have great weather for this whole trip (specifically, no rain) and today we literally saw the clouds dissolve. When we went into Kroger it looked like it was going to storm outside. Fifteen minutes later when we exited the building the ground was soaked and water was dripping from the awning, yet the sky was blue and the sun was shining. Rain didn't touch us.
  • While here blogging in Panera we witnessed two women praying over their meal = encouragement for us :) So we went over and thanked them for the outward expression of faith and they blessed us, we blessed them, and carried on.
Funnies :)
  • The first food we ate... pickles, cheez-its, vienna sausages. Enough said.
  • I (Kiersten) have decided that every time I have to go to the bathroom (which comes often), then God is using me and my "movements" haha! Because when we stop so that I can... go... we find more peoples. Yayaaaa.

Spending the night in Peoria tonight!!! I'm sure there will be more stories after we finish blogging this, but we are heading out! Panera closes... now.
See ya!!

Much LOVE
bdk

8 comments:

  1. I have been praying for you guys this morning. I posted on one of my homeschooling boards about your trip and WOW!!! The comments about people's kids who know about treasure hunts has been a blast to read. Many people praying for you and I may even have a few places for you to sleep or take showers (which can be a good thing for those you are ministering too). Love you and stay safe, Lisa (MOM to Brooke)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lord keep these young ladies in your hands,guide them and keep them safe. Father I ask that you do GREAT things on this journey you have put them on,that your healing power would go before them,that they would have a boldness like no other. Father I ask for your blessing on them today and that they have safe travel.in Jesus name I pray Amen! Have a blessed day Ladies,we are praying for you.(Annie Sigman)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cant wait to see what God does today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just wanted to say that I couldn't be more proud of you all. As a Youth Pastor I often wonder if what I do is having any positive effect on anyone's life and while God gets ALL the credit for what you do I believe He allows others to impart their spiritual DNA to us along the way. So while there have been times that I've wondered if it's worth it all you have encouraged me by your life and your love for Jesus Christ. And so....as I watch you all run the race for Him it is with great anticipation of what He is doing and is about to do in your lives. And if it confirms anything as I write this I am getting a vision of a sunset in the desert plains of the southwest. You know ... a view of the purple and gold sky against the mountains and desert... anyway - I'm praying for you daily for protection, provision, and miracle encounters. God bless you all, you are exactly the kind of world shakers I've dreamt of raising up!!!! Mar 11:22 And Jesus [!] answered saying to them, "Have faith in God.
    23 "Truly I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, 'Be taken up and cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says is going to happen, it will be granted him.
    24 "Therefore I say to you, all things for which you pray and ask, believe that you have received them, and they will be granted you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pastor Ad(amazed by Him everyday)amMay 31, 2010 at 11:38 AM

    Okay that verse came to mind and I did NOT think of the mountain connection.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tears come to all our eyes as we read this blog, and how others are also praying and believing for God to do AMAZING things through you three. Papa, Nana, Nana Adams, Jared, Dad, Mom, and Kayla are all having a cookout...wish we could share it with you...guarantee it tasted better than vienna sausages! :0) If you can do this at a copy shop, Walmart, or somewhere that has a printer....remember to make up slips of paper with the webaddress to your blog site to hand to people after you pray for them. Be sure to tell them to post comments when they see the answer to your prayers. God will receive ALL glory!! Otherwise, how will you know unless you see the arms/legs lengthen with your eyes! :0) Pray for increase in the miraculous...remember....'WHATSOEVER you ask for in prayer, believe that you HAVE received it and it will be yours'. (or in Adam's reference), 'ALL THINGS....THEY will be granted you'!! Go GOD. Go girls! We love you immensely. Mom (Kiersten's)

    ReplyDelete
  7. MAY God lead you, protect you, and bless you! As you bless others and follow Gods direction.. If you get to Colorado I can give you a few names of people that would love to serve you! And give a place to shower,sleep and Eat
    Aunt and Uncle (Jeff and Sandy)of Dani.
    We are keeping you all in prayer daily, we love you!<3 Love all of your post... look forward to more 317-717-0758

    ReplyDelete
  8. Number is incase you make it to Co..

    ReplyDelete